MOBILITY: A RIGHT FOR CITIZENS
HOW TO ENSURE SUSTAINABLE FINANCING TO PROVIDE
INCLUSIVE & NET ZERO MOBILITY SOLUTIONS
The appeal of personal mobility has probably never been greater than right now due to pandemic-related lockdowns. The dramatic invasion of Russia to Ukraine has led to a rise in energy prices and triggering a major economic crisis across western countries. In this very critical period, we all have the challenges to provide inclusive mobility solutions with road transport as key component of such inclusiveness.
The 50th ASECAP Study & information days will focus on how to provide equal access to mobility services being a key point for social and economic developments. How can financing transport infrastructure help deliver on equity and efficiency? What good practices exist in this regard. What are the best ways to link funding to environmental and safety objectives as economic booster? What innovative financing tools will attract private funds to mobility infrastructure investments?
Topics will also address network efficiency and innovation to prepare credible decarbonization to reach the challenges set by the EU Green Deal, smart mobility strategy reinforced by the EU Climate Law and Fit for 55 in 2030 and UN Sustainable goals.
The following topics will be addressed:
• Equity and access to mobility solutions
• Road Infrastructure Financing
• Decarbonization of motorway infrastructure aligned with the Green Deal and Fit for 55
• Cooperative, Connected and Automated Mobility (CCAM)
• Road Safety
• Protecting the environment - Sustainable transport solutions
• Resilience of the infrastructure
• Innovation in Toll collection
• R&D road infrastructure projects