CHALLENGES, PERSPECTIVES AND VISION IN TOUGH ECONOMY
Climate change, carbon neutrality issues are priority emergencies worldwide. Wildfires, cyclones, floods, and droughts are now the new normal. “These shocks not only damage the environment, the biodiversity on which safeguarding the planet depends, they also weaken our political, economic and social systems”, as reminded by EU elected officials. Resilience of the infrastructure, recovering from pandemic will also be on top of priorities as COVID-19 has impacted and still impacting the economy. Additional to this critical situation, the conflict between Ukraine and Russia will unfortunately have also hard consequences: increase of energy cost, slower economic growth and turbulence in global financial markets, these are some examples.
The 49th ASECAP Study & Information days will focus on how to decarbonize the road infrastructure to reach the objectives set up by Elected officials to have Europe first zero carbon continent and to ensure a resilient, robust and safe road infrastructure network but also how to face this unprecedented situation combining COVID-19 and war between Ukraine and Russia. High level personalities from the EU institutions, will provide their thoughts on actions, to prepare credible decarbonization plans as well as realistic financing schemes to reach the challenges set by the EU Green Deal, reinforced by the EU Climate Law and Fit for 55 in 2030 and to face economy challenging.
The following topics will be addressed:
• Infrastructure financing - Accelerating carbon free mobility project delivery that meet the climate change challenges
• Sustainable transport solutions - Toward low carbon motorway aligned with the Green Deal and the Fit for 55 package
• Road Safety – Vision Zero: short- or long-term objective
• Cooperative, connected and automated mobility (CCAM) – digital transformation on road infrastructure
• Resilience of the infrastructure / assets management
• Innovation in toll collection
• R&D Road Infrastructure Projects - Improving European Cooperation and R&D Road Infrastructure