REGAINING TRUST AND CONFIDENCE TO BOOST ECONOMY AND RECOVER FROM PANDEMIC
The world has been hit by an unprecedented pandemic which caused an economic recession striking very hard Europe and the rest of the world, including road infrastructures. The 48th ASECAP Study & Information Days will focus on lessons learnt and on how it would be possible to foster safe and mobility solutions to boost the economy and recover from the pandemic crisis, by stimulating investments aimed at reaching the EU objectives of vision zero in terms of fatalities and of CO2 emissions. The contribution of the transport sector in dealing with mobility challenges to reach the Green Deal’s objectives, under the EU Recovery and Resilience facility should provide some good opportunities, provided of having sustainable financing to allow public or private investments.
The following topics will be addressed:
• Sustainable transport solutions - Toward low carbon motorway aligned with the green deal promoted by the eu recovery and resilience plan.
• Road safety - What are the safety gains?
• Cooperative, Connected, Automated and Autonomous Mobility (CCAM) - Digital transformation on road infrastructure.
• Emerging technologies - Innovation in toll collection and management.
• R&D road infrastructure projects - improving European cooperation and R&D road infrastructure.