Located next to the Ionian Sea coastline of The Dunes Beach, The Westin Business Hotel Costa Navarino features 445 rooms and suites, inspired in design by old Messinian mansions that spring from nature and create an ambiance of genuine hospitality. Many rooms and suites enjoy unobstructed views of the Ionian Sea, ground floor units have each an individual infinity pool, while all offer a smoke-free environment.
Furthermore, The Westin Business Hotel is equipped with 5,000 m² conference and meeting facilities that can accommodate up to 1,600 delegates. There are 12 meeting rooms varying from 50 m² to 200 m² offering natural daylight and equipped with the most modern audiovisual technologies.
In addition, you will enjoy top class culinary experience in 21 restaurants and bars.
The hotel also includes the following facilities:
• Agora – the heart of the resort
• Outdoor and indoor pools, sauna, hammam
• Fitness club
• Sports & recreation center (indoor basketball, volleyball, badminton and table tennis, a four-lane bowling alley, pool tables, and an indoor cinema)
• 4.000m2 Anazoe Spa
• 2 innovative hubs for children: Cocoon & Sandcastle
• Aqua Park
• Two 18-hole signature Golf Courses
• Indoor & Outdoor sports areas (tennis courts, basketball and volleyball courts, indoor climbing wall)
• Shopping venues: pharmacy; car rental; bookshop (books, newspapers…); fashion and accessories; sports clothes and equipment; jewelry; cosmetics; hairdresser; jewelry, works of art, sculptures,
ceramics and unique gifts designed and crafted by Greek artists…)
• Complimentary parking area
Activities and excursions organized by Costa Navarino (fees apply for most of the activities described below, ask the hotel for further info about it):
1) On-site indoor and outdoor activities
- Navarino Racquet Academy: Nine exciting racquet sports are available: tennis, mini-tennis for kids, squash, padel, beach tennis, speedminton, table tennis, badminton and beach racquets.
- Navarino Natura Hall: an interactive environmental exhibition centre, providing a unique insight into the rich and diverse environment of Messinia and familiarizing guests with environmental
- Navarino speed experience park (race track).
- Indoor sports arena: see description above in the paragraph regarding the hotel’s facilities.
- Discovering the rich cultural heritage of the region through exciting experiences such as cookery lessons in local homes, traditional olive and wine harvesting, wine-making and tasting, olive oil
testing, art tours and philosophy walks…
2) Activities around Costa Navarino
In addition, the Westin Business Hotel Costa Navarino offers a wide range of exciting outdoor activities and sports that will allow you to visit the unspoiled region around Costa Navarino:
- Biking: cycling tours tailored to suit from novice bikers to experts.
- Hiking: discovering beautiful sites of natural and historical interest, such as the sparkling waterfalls of Polylimnio and the impressive ruins of the 13th century fortress of Paleokastro.
- Rock-climbing: visit the island of Proti, the new climbing spot in Greece! This tour is appealing for newcomers and experienced climbers, families and adventurers. A large number of climbing routes
and stunning views are waiting for the visitors. And after the challenging climbing there is time for a jump into the refreshing and turquoise water of the Ionian sea.
- Luxury picnic: Hike up the hill to Profit Ilias chapel, over the famous Voidokilia beach, to enjoy a luxurious picnic prepared by local women, with Messinian recipes twisted into finger food and paired
with wine, beer and fresh handmade lemonade.
- Snorkeling and scuba diving: discover the underwater secrets of the Ionian pirate's haven, Proti Island, with Navarino Sea by Aqua Divers Club, a PADI 5.
- Kitesurf, surfing, windsurfing, kayak & beach yoga; waterskiing, wakeboarding, sailing etc.
The Westin Business Hotel Costa Navarino
24001 Costa Navarino
Tel: +30 2723 095000
Fax: +30 2723 096500
The Westin Business Hotel Costa Navarino is located in an unspoiled, breath-taking seaside landscape in the Greek region of Messinia, southwest Peloponnese.
Below is a non-comprehensive list of remarkable historical sites and natural attractions that are symbols of the region’s natural beauty and rich cultural heritage:
With a fascinating history that goes back 4,500 years, Messinia’s cultural past reveals a rich tapestry of kings and queens, honor and tradition, war and friendship. Classical temples, Byzantine churches, medieval castles and three UNESCO World Heritage sites are all within easy reach, both in Messinia as well as in the broad.
Some of the historical sites are:
• Vaulted Tombs
• The Palace of Nestor
• Ancient Olympia
• Temple of Apollo Epicurius
• Ancient Messini
• The Castle of Kyparissia
• Paleokastro, Pylos
• The Castle of Kalamata
• The Castle of Koroni
• The Castle of Methoni
• Neokastro, Pylos
• Church of Transfiguration
• Church of Saint Theodora
• Bay of Navarino
• Museum of Chora
• Museum of Pylos
• Benakeion Archeological Museum of Kalamata
• The Castle of Mystras
Messinia is also blessed with a wealth of natural attractions that are within easy reach and certainly worth a visit. Nearby islets - some with interesting historical background - offer a pristine environment for relaxation and exploration while the mainland is a veritable kaleidoscope of sandy beaches, deep gorges, enchanting lakes, sparkling waterfalls, olive groves and vineyards.
Some of the natural sites are :
• Voidokilia beach
• Finikounda beach
• Neda river
• Polylimnio waterfalls
• Fanariand Sfaktiria islets
• Fanari Islet
• Sfaktiria Islet
• Proti Islet
• Schiza Islet
The official language of the ASECAP Days is English.
Messinia, the commune on which the Westin Resort Costa Navarino is located, enjoys an excellent climate, with balmy springs, warm summers and mild winters. Blue skies, sunny days and pleasant temperatures (25°C/77°F on average) feature this blissful region. In May and June day time temperatures reach 25-30 °C during the day, and night temperatures around 15-20 °C.
Casual clothes and sensible shoes are recommended for the excursions. We advise you to have sufficient clothing for the prevailing weather conditions with the necessary outer garments.
The official currency of Greece as a European Union member state is the euro (€). Most nearby villages and all neighbouring towns have banks and post offices. ATMs are also available within the Costa Navarino resorts. ATMs accept most international bank cards.
Useful addresses in case of (urgent) medical treatment:
Kalamata General Hospital
241 00 Kalamata
Tel: +30 27210 46000
Messinia Medical Center
241 00 Kalamata
Tel: +30 2721 089847
Pylos Health Center
Tel: +30 27230 22315
Kyparissia Health Center
Tel: +30 27610 24051
In Costa Navarino prices include taxes and service charges. You may wish to leave a tip if you consider it appropriate.
The ASECAP Days organisers are not liable for any loss, injury or damage resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you or any third party during the conference. We advise delegates to subscribe to private travel insurance.